Apollo Tyres Global R&D BV, like Apollo Vredestein BV, is situated in Enschede (NL) and is a part of Apollo Tyres Ltd. We are responsible for the development and testing of all car and van tyres for all the brands held by the company (including Apollo and Vredestein). These activities are performed for all markets worldwide by about 120 employees.
Mixing of rubber is an extremely complex process in the manufacturing of a tyre. Several subjects like fluid dynamics, heat transfer, rheology, rubber technology come together in rubber mixing. Apollo Tyres has one of the most modern mixing technologies in house, like tandem-mixing. You will contribute to expand our mixing technology knowledge by:
- Organizing mixing trials both on lab and production scale;
- Designing experimental set up to improve mixing efficiency;
- Carrying out lab evaluation of mixed compounds as dispersion, rheological properties and so on;
- Participating in rubber mixing fora and presenting papers.
• Bachelor and Master students in the field of chemical engineering, applied physics or any other relevant technical subject;
• Excellent analysis skills;
• Able to translate abstract fundamental knowlegde into a practical approach;
• Polymer (Rubber) engineering courses accomplished.
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Perseverance and courage
• Interdisciplinary cooperation
If you fit these requirements and are interested in the position, send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this internship, please contact Mr. Hitesh Joshi, Head Process Technology and Industrialisation, on +31 53 488 8550.