Apollo Tyres Global R&D BV, like Apollo Vredestein BV, is situated in Enschede (NL) and is a part of Apollo Tyres Ltd. We are responsible for the development and testing of all car and van tyres for all the brands held by the company (including Apollo and Vredestein). These activities are performed for all markets worldwide by about 120 employees.
To be able to improve the best tyre of the world rubber compounds are continuously being changed. New functional polymers combined with the latest filler technologies make it extremely difficult to process those compounds on extruders and calenders and more fundamental knowledge between the compound’s rheology and its processability is needed. You will contribute to improve the processability by:
- Exploring existing and new measurement techniques with respect to rheology;
- Organizing extrusion trials both on lab and production scale;
- Carrying out lab evaluation of processed compounds on dispersion, rheological properties and so on;
- Participating in rubber mixing and processing fora and presenting papers.
• Bachelor and Master students in the field of chemical engineering, applied physics or any other relevant technical subject;
• Excellent analysis skills;
• Able to translate abstract fundamental knowledge into a practical approach;
• Polymer (Rubber) engineering and fluid dynamics courses accomplished.
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Perseverance and courage
• Interdisciplinary cooperation
If you fit these requirements and are interested in the position, send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com.
For more information about this internship, please contact Mr. Hitesh Joshi, Head Process Technology and Industrialisation, on +31 53 488 8550