Senior Tyre Designer
Location: Enschede - The Netherlands
Apollo Tyres Global R&D is the passenger vehicles (PV) competence centre of Apollo and responsible for product development of PV tyres globally and coordinate all R&D activities. Apollo is responsible for the development and testing of all passenger car and light lorry tyres for all brands, which the company presents (e.g. Apollo and Vredestein). Products developed in Enschede, the Netherlands is sold in several global regions, including Europe, Asia and Americas.
With approximately 130 employees within Apollo R&D PV, the employees work within a flat organisational framework. Decisions are made quickly and leading to a faster development of new, original products. Colleagues are of different nationalities, highly qualified and you will have to work in a multidisciplinary fashion. Working with Apollo means a high degree of autonomy, development and career opportunities, as well as superior working conditions. Passion, drive, creativity and an enterprising character are important personal skills for all employees of Apollo.
The Tyre Designer is responsible for tread and cavity design of new tyres.
• Translation of market needs and technical requirements into a performing tyre design in terms of tread pattern and cavity.
• Define and develop cavity, tread pattern including pitch frequency.
• Check the design against Apollo Design Rules.
• Define and validate up/down scale rules for cavity and tread pattern incl. boundaries.
• Deliver input for mould drawing.
• Support the D-FMEA process.
• Ensure patentability & freedom to operate for design & cavity.
• Development of prototypes for both virtual testing and physical testing, by carving.
• Performing research on tyre pattern and – cavity contours in relation to tyre performance (noise, aquaplaning, handling).
• Monitoring technological trends in terms of design and tyres.
• MSc degree in Mechanical / Automotive Engineering, Applied Physics or similar.
• Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in similar position.
• Extensive technical knowledge to be able to link design to technical feasibility.
• You have experience with CAD/CATIA.
• Experience with interpretation of FEA results and statistical experimental design is a big plus.
• Good communication skills, fluent in English, able to communicate with multi nationalities.
• You should be willing to relocate to the region of Enschede, the Netherlands
• Analytical attitude,
• Interdisciplinary collaboration,
• Initiative, creativity & professionalism.
If you fit these requirements and are interested in the position, send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to Ettina Walsma, Recruiter at the following e-mail address: SollicitatieEA@apollovredestein.com